XPR-7550 firmware upgrade = Scan Bug

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kblazk
New User

XPR-7550 firmware upgrade = Scan Bug

Post by kblazk »

I had an XPR-7550 with (old) firmware version R.02.04.00

I decided to upgrade the firmware since that seemed rather old (was from 2012.) I was using CPS version 11.5 and I went straight to firmware version R02.06.33 and then I went to version R02.40.20 without problems. Read / Write to radio with no problems. After I have done this I can no longer see the Scan > View/Edit List and Scan > Set Active List options I had before in the radios menu. All I am able to do under Menu > Scan is turn scan on/off. In the CPS programming under Menu I have all 3 scan boxes checked (Scan, Edit List, and Select New List.) I even tried un-ticking those boxes and Writing to the radio and then reading and ticking the boxes and writing back but no success. Nothing else has changed in the programming file, I have 6 scan lists in this codeplug but I can't see them through the menu to select them. I even tried going through the firmware upgrade process again but it still has no effect.

Is this a bug in this version of the firmware or is my radio or codeplug messed up?
kblazk
New User

Re: XPR-7550 firmware upgrade = Scan Bug

Post by kblazk »

I resolved this on my own. My codeplug must have gotten corrupted. I had a saved copy of the codeplug prior to the firmware upgrade that I re-wrote to the radio and got the scan menus back.

Return to “Radio Programming”