Motorola CDM1550-LS (Questions on Scan Settings)

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dapaq2
2 Warnings for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale

Motorola CDM1550-LS (Questions on Scan Settings)

Post by dapaq2 »

Hello Group,

I am working with a Motorola CDM1550-LS. Model number AAM25KHF9DU6AN. Using in conventional mode only, no trunking.

In the programming software I see that I can setup multiple "Scan Lists" that offer up to 16 channels per scan list, but is not what I am looking for.

I would like to know how I can program this radio to scan all the channels within a group/zone or to scan selected channels in multiple groups/zones at the same time and then use the nuisance delete feature to temporarily remove any channels as needed.

When I access the radio's menu via the front panel menu button and screen I am presented with the following: System Scan, All Group Scan, Program Lists, Phone, Radio Call, Zone, Utilities, Repeater/Talkaround, Audio/Tones, Message, and Status. It appears that what I am wanting to do is doable as there is "All Group Scan" showing up in the radios front screen menu selection, I just don't know how to go about accomplishing it in the programming.

Any help and/or information on scan settings and scan abilities for this model radio is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Doug
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Re: Motorola CDM1550-LS (Questions on Scan Settings)

Post by KB2ZTX »

Max you can scan is 16 channels per list. You set the scan list per the personality. All group scan is trunking. System scan is what you are using.
KB2ZTX

Return to “Radio Programming”