Looking to Hire a Radio Tech

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wa8iqo
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTL5000 & XTS5000

Looking to Hire a Radio Tech

Post by wa8iqo »

I recently picked up a new old stock ASTRO Spectra Model: T04QLH9PW3AN, Flash: 100001-000000-7 dated 04/15/99.

I would like it changed to a T04RLH9PW9AN so I can use it on the 440 ham band with a W9 control head. I do not have the knowledge or equipment to flash, brun firmware or change a feature set, or what every it may require to achieve what I want it to do.

So, with that said - Is there anyone here who can perform this service at a reasonable cost? Please PM me with a quote including return shipping. I can send the hole drawer or just the logic board if that's all you need.
Brad - WA8IQO
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Re: Looking to Hire a Radio Tech

Post by N4KVE »

While someone can trick the radio to change freq's from 403-433, to 438-470 the hardware will not allow this. Coils, & other hardware will not allow the radio to work properly in the "R" split. The solution is to buy an analog Spectra in the 438-470 bandsplit you want, [good luck with that] & combining the 2 to get an Astro 438-470 radio. Good luck. GARY
wa8iqo

Post by wa8iqo »

Thank you for the replies. No longer looking to hire. I have decided to go a different route.

Consider this topic closed...
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Just buy a XTL. That's what I did. GARY
wa8iqo

Post by wa8iqo »

Yes, Im buying something diffrent...
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

I changed a box of q splits to r splits several years ago and hex edited the crap out of them, they worked great, not what I would call super hard to do. I only did it because I was challenged that it couldn't be done. It took longer to align them than the mods did, just and FYI.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “Radio Programming”