XTL5000 home system ID highlighted in red??

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KRC845
New User

XTL5000 home system ID highlighted in red??

Post by KRC845 »

I came into this problem when I was programming my XTS5000 and I dont remember how I fixed it, hoping someone on here can help!
I have a XTL5000 radio I am trying to program identical to my XTS5000 however I for some reason cannot locate my programming cable for the XTS to look at the code plug for reference so I am trying to do this from the beginning. I have a system key for my P25 system I am programming. The radio is a 9600 baud radio as is the XTS. In the XTL CPS (20.01.00) I have went to Tools>System Keys>Load>Software System Key and it accepts it just fine. I go to the System Keys Report and it shows the correct key ID. When I go to the Trunking System in the code plug and go under General tab I change the System Type to ASTRO 25 and I go down to the ASTRO 25 section where it says Home System ID and type in my ID which is A73C and I hit tab and the words Home System ID go red. When I go to the Trunking Personality it already has populated the system & ID and everything seems fine. Like I said this happened to me when I was programming my XTS5000 but I do not remember what I did to get it fixed. Any suggestions??
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: XTL5000 home system ID highlighted in red??

Post by spectragod »

No key is loaded, load the key and you should be good to go.

Or.............

You may try highlighting the system id, then deleting it with the delete button, then restyle the system key in,
See if the problem goes away. I think the last release of cps for the xts/xtl has some bugs.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “Radio Programming”