Unable to add extra channels to Motorola GP328

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

docwok
New User

Unable to add extra channels to Motorola GP328

Post by docwok »

Hello everyone,

I've tried everything I know but I'm unable to solve this problem.
I need the collective might of the 'Batwing" empire to see if there is a solution!
I have a couple of Motorola GP328.
They are all the same model number: AZH25SDC9AA3
They all have the same firmware: R05.15.00
They are all 16 Channel.
I reprogrammed some of them to 16 x CB frequencies using the CPS, so far so good!
However, some of them I can only reprogram up to 10 channels?
So using the CPS I READ them, open the CONVENTONIAL PERSONALITY, can reprogram up to channel number 10, then I press ADD CONVENTIONIAL PERSONALITY for channel 11 up to channel 16 and enter the new CB frequencies and the press WRITE.
This is not working, the first 10 channels are fine but when I select channels 11 to 16 all I get is a constant tone coming through the speaker.
My next thought was maybe I should buy a cloning cable and try and using one of the good ones to clone to the ones I'm having trouble with, but I'm not sure what to do.
Is there anyone out there that can offer to help me please????

Thank you
3-SAM-12
Batboard $upporter

Re: Unable to add extra channels to Motorola GP328

Post by 3-SAM-12 »

Have you added channels 11-16 to the Zone assignment?

Return to “Radio Programming”