XTL5000 error

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Max

XTL5000 error

Post by Max »

Bought a XTL5000 remote head 110 watt VHF P25 off eBay (panter).

Installed it on my computer desk and has been working for 10 months with no issues.

I have read/write to radio a couple time a month, again, no issues.

Last month while writing a C/P , the radio shut down in the middle of programming.

When i power it on, i get a FL 01/90 , then the display shows "Maintenance mode"

I have checked all fuses and the internal 5amp fuse, all are ok. I know with FL 01/90 it means the head is not seeing the brick.

Does anyone know how i can correct this ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Max
jry

Re: XTL5000 error

Post by jry »

look on the communication support aka P25.ca site ...there was a thread over there about this.
short version IIRC was that if you put a W series head on there you may be able to get it back ...read the thread ... I just glanced through it.
jry

Re: XTL5000 error

Post by jry »

look on the communication support aka P25.ca site ...there was a thread over there about this.
short version IIRC was that if you put a W series head on there you may be able to get it back ...read the thread ... I just glanced through it.

Return to “Radio Programming”