Need to make rear USB programming cable.

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Need to make rear USB programming cable.

Post by N4KVE »

I have 4 XTL radios, & whenever I need to program them, I need to plug, & unplug 4 microphones. I'm tired of that. On my XPR radios, Moto supplies a plug, & pins to make any kind of rear cable you want. I leave the rear cables plugged in my XPR's 24/7, so I never need to remove the microphones. I want to have the same deal on my XTL's. I have plenty of USB printer cables to attach to my acc cables. Has anyone made/converted a cable, & where does one find the pins for the XTL acc plug? I need to convert 4 acc cables. GARY
N4KVE

Re: Need to make rear USB programming cable.

Post by N4KVE »

By the way, the factory part # for the cable is HKN6163. GARY
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I've made a few, it's dead easy. Google is your friend for accessory pin outs:

http://s27.postimg.org/harrwkwc3/J2_Connector.jpg
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

That I have, thanks. What I'm looking for are the actual pins for the XTL ACC plug. The factory plug that comes with the radio comes with 5 pins. I need to find 4 more pins per radio for the USB cable. GARY.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Motorola part# 3980034F04

DigiKey P/N 1003-1951-1-ND

Return to “Radio Programming”