HT1250 Programming error

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

berkinet

HT1250 Programming error

Post by berkinet »

I am trying to program a pair of HT1250s (AAH25RDF9AA5AN PMUE1409E & PMUE1409A). One has a full DTMF keypad, the other does not. I am using "Professional Radio" CPS vR06.12.05 on 64bit Win-7 and a 32bit WIN-XP machines.

I am able to generally get the radios programmed but at some point, if I try to read the codeplug from the radio or from file I get the following errors
  • Entry does not have field with ID 2694
    PassII- Unable to transfer block Radio Configuration from CpDb to Db
and can go no further. However, I can read in an older version of the codeplug from file and that will load into CPS and the radio. It seems I have added something in the programming at some point that the CPS does not like. BTW, the radios seem to operate just fine.

Any ideas, suggestions or pointers most appreciated.

Richard
berkinet

Re: HT1250 Programming error

Post by berkinet »

I have gotten a bit further and found what looks like the source of the problem. I started with the Rotary Control set to Select Channel (fixed), and that worked. However, changing the setting to Select Channel (Continuous) causes the problem described above.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix this by editing the code plug directly?

I wanted this setting because some of the zones are not fully populated (I.e. less than 16 fields). Is there a way to avoid that error other than by changing the Rotary Control setting and short of just creating dummy entries to have 16 entries in each zone (which, I guess, is pretty much the same thing to the user)?

Thanks for any ideas.

Return to “Radio Programming”