CDM750 TX Alignment?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

leaper54
New User

CDM750 TX Alignment?

Post by leaper54 »

I'm using the PRO CPS software R6.12.05. There is supposed to be a separate ' TX Align ' section I cannot find. Is this separate software? I need to raise the deviation. It seems to be hard limited to 3KC, even though I have the personalitiy set for 25KC spacing.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Re: CDM750 TX Alignment?

Post by kcbooboo »

Yes, there's a separate program called TUNER that does all the alignments.

If the programming software is newer than a few years, remember that it only allows narrow-band (2.5 kHz) programming unless you've got the special entitlement key to allow 5 kHz deviation.

Bob M.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

As I recall R6.12.05 was the last version before you needed the entitlement key.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

leaper54 wrote:I'm using the PRO CPS software R6.12.05. There is supposed to be a separate ' TX Align ' section I cannot find. Is this separate software? I need to raise the deviation. It seems to be hard limited to 3KC, even though I have the personalitiy set for 25KC spacing.
On the disc you received from Motorola or in the computer file you downloaded from MOL, there should be a separate Zip file called Global Tuner. There's no install procedure for it, just unpack it into a sub-directory on your CP and run it.

It's also still available at MOL --> Resource Center --> Software --> HT-EX and CDM. The most current version appears to be 2.18.0.

Return to “Radio Programming”