JT1000 "workspace and radio software do not conform"

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yagermeister

JT1000 "workspace and radio software do not conform"

Post by yagermeister »

I have an "R" model UHF JT1000 that won't accept programming. The radio reads fine with the RSS, and shows RSS Version 03.00. That is the software version I'm using. I can modify the codeplug, and save an archive copy with no problems. When I try to write to the radio I get an error message: "workspace and radio software do not conform". I'm using a Toshiba Satellite 80486 laptop with an OEM RIB and OEM cables. DOS Version is 6.0. Radio accepts front panel programming OK. I just want to be able to modify the toggle switch settings to enable scanning, and to program a scan list. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank You
WA7IEP
WQZW304
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Re: JT1000 "workspace and radio software do not conform"

Post by chartofmaryland »

Afternoon yagermeister,

Sounds like you have a modified JT1000 that has a hex edited code plug to allow non-FCC FPP and possibly out of range frequency editing.

You would need to modify the Software version you are using to create the proper checksum for the code plug regions

Take this as opinion though as it has been a long time since I had to program my JT1000.

Remembering something like this after I hex edited my setup

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
yagermeister

Post by yagermeister »

CoM:
Thank you very much for the info. As it's an "R" split, I didn't figure it had been hexedited to go out of band, but it's possible someone wanted it to go higher or lower. I 've hexedited a few MT2000 or MTS2000s before, but not a JT1000. I'll research that, and will proceed with caution. I'd hate to make the radio inoperable as I can use FPP for frequency input. Scanning would be nice, but not a necessity.
Thank You,
Gary
WA7IEP
WQZW304
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

I don't remember having to edit the RSS just the codeplug to use key-less FPP on my JTs, but they were not out of band modified either.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
yagermeister

Post by yagermeister »

I've had to change crossover frequencies before, because someone had tried to hack them out of band, but the radio still worked. Think it was an MT2000 UHF. Radio worked but squelch didn't. Changed the crossover frequencies and it worked great. Like I said, I'm inclined to leave it as is because FPP works, and the JT1000s are getting harder to come by. Luckily I have a couple VHF, but only one UHF. Only thing I can't do is use the select key and scan or the light button. For some reason they're programmed for something else. I may try the hexedit but not sure what checksum I'm looking for.
WA7IEP
WQZW304
yagermeister

Post by yagermeister »

Well, I didn't figure this out, but I did get the radio to let the RSS write to it and made the button and switch assignments I had been trying to make before. I went into the service section, and looked at different things, like VCO crossover frequency, filter settings, etc. I made no changes to any of the different tests, but on a couple of them, the RSS reads the codeplug and then writes back to the codeplug, even if you make no changes. After I popped out to the main menu, the button and switch assignments I had been trying to make were already there. I don't understand what happened or how the service section accesses the radio differently than the main menu, but it worked, so I'm happy.
Thank You,
Gary
WA7IEP
WQZW304

Return to “Radio Programming”