MCS2000 Codeplug Needed

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

twowaytekk

MCS2000 Codeplug Needed

Post by twowaytekk »

I am looking for a MCS2000 800Mhz codeplug. Model # M01UGM6PW6AN

I have already looked at codeplugsupersite with no luck. I have several MCS2000 that have ASK loaded, and I need to get it removed.

Thanks,
Mark
tuckerm

Re: MCS2000 Codeplug Needed

Post by tuckerm »

Must have gotten it from eBay, about $25 right? I too have one that has ASK only a BN version.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
twowaytekk

Post by twowaytekk »

Not eBay. I have several from a large agency that are upgrading to digital. I've looked at the hex edit trick, but as another has posted the bit listed for the ASK in the codeplug does not change between ASK radios and non ASK radios. I've read where there was some success in dragging and dropping a good codeplug over the ASK codeplug and then programming. If anyone else has ideas in open to help.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

I was unable to get it to work with any of the hex edit tricks or anything else.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
twowaytekk

Post by twowaytekk »

This has been resolved by using hex editing a SREC from an identical model number radio. Read the ASK radio's tuning values and recorded them. Read non-ASK radio SREC and edited both serial numbers in hex editing. Dumped modified SREC back into ASK radio, returned radio and programmed with no issues.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

I do not have another MCS2000. Just the one.
kb5rir
New User

Post by kb5rir »

I have the same problem. however I have 1 that is not ASKed. Dragging and dropping did not work for me. It appears ASK makes the radio (Read Only). I think the only way without the ASK is going to be some Hex Hack, unfortunately.
twowaytekk

Post by twowaytekk »

You are correct hex editing is the best way that o could resolve the ask.

Return to “Radio Programming”