CDM1550-LS programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

westrte
New User

CDM1550-LS programming

Post by westrte »

We have a number of truck radios in the 1250 - 1550 series that were in Canada and are now in the USA. when I try to load an updated code plug it tells me that if I need a 20-25khz exception to contact motorola due to FCC regulations and then the write fails. i am not trying to use a wider bandwidth and all personalities are set to 12.5Khz per FCC rules. is there a step I am missing on setting up the radio or is this a hardware issue ? (narrowband modification needed)??
Thanks for your help

Ray
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: CDM1550-LS programming

Post by SteveC0625 »

westrte wrote:We have a number of truck radios in the 1250 - 1550 series that were in Canada and are now in the USA. when I try to load an updated code plug it tells me that if I need a 20-25khz exception to contact motorola due to FCC regulations and then the write fails. i am not trying to use a wider bandwidth and all personalities are set to 12.5Khz per FCC rules. is there a step I am missing on setting up the radio or is this a hardware issue ? (narrowband modification needed)??
Thanks for your help

Ray
It''s a common problem and been answered several times before here.

Go into the trunking section and delete any unused repeaters. Then make sure whatever is left is all set to 12.5 khz.

Problem solved.

Search tags: The Professional or Waris
Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.
The last version of the CPS released before the
product line was discontinued is R06.12.09.

If you need a blank codeplug, there is a folder
full of them, one for each possible model
number on your hard drive. The folder is in
the Program Files where your CPS is installed.
It is labelled SAMPLES.
westrte
New User

Post by westrte »

Not really Steve

Only putting in a single personality with bandwidth of 12.5Khz set
it had 145 channels with about half at 25Khz and I copied the plug from the radio and deleted all but 1 channel, modified it and went through and deleted all of the MDC, signaling, trunking etc that I could but i still get the message that if I need 20-25Khz I need to get a key from Motorola and then the write process fails.
Perhaps a little more thought needs to be applied to this scenario, all I know about these is to upload a code plug for the frequency set needed and most of our stuff is hand held so these mobile base units are kinda new territory to us.
westrte
New User

Post by westrte »

Not quite, but i will search the forums for the real answer
SteveC0625

Post by SteveC0625 »

westrte wrote:Not quite, but i will search the forums for the real answer
You've been given the real answer.

If you're willing to have some help from me, send me your codeplug and I'll find the problem. It's usually something simple. I have three of these radios right here and have been through this identical issue several times previously. Everything works just fine.

kd2iat@frontier.com
tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

Post by tdats »

From what I remember, you can not delete all of the LS trunking repeaters without generating another error. So, you should have 1 trunking repeater in there somewhere that needs to be set to narrow band.
SteveC0625

Post by SteveC0625 »

tdats wrote:From what I remember, you can not delete all of the LS trunking repeaters without generating another error. So, you should have 1 trunking repeater in there somewhere that needs to be set to narrow band.
I could have phrased my response a bit better in this regard, but it is what I basically told him. Unless he's got a conventional personality set to 20 or 25 khz somewhere, the trunking fix is the usual culprit.

I offered to look at his codeplug but he apparently knows better. Oh well.

Return to “Radio Programming”