Motorola CP185 Not Writing Channel Name

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

1crazymax
What radios do you own?: CP200's, CM300, Baofeng UV-5RC

Motorola CP185 Not Writing Channel Name

Post by 1crazymax »

I'm dipping into the well of knowledge again... I've got a CP185 I'm programming for a guy and for some reason after I write the radio the channel name is not showing up in the display, it just says Channel 01. When I got the radios several months ago they had names for each channel and I changed them to channel 01, 02, 03, etc. and they wrote fine. I thought it was the radio so I got another and the same thing, got a third and the same thing. When I read the radios though the correct channel NAME shows up but the display stills shows Channel 01, etc. The radios are the same model number AAH03RDFAA7AN the 1st was firmware R01.05, the second R03.01, and the third R03.02. I'm using CPS Entry Level for CP185 R02.06. When I originally changed the names I was using my laptop in the basement this time I'm using my PC upstairs. Do you this it's the computer or have I neglected something? Thanks
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Re: Motorola CP185 Not Writing Channel Name

Post by com501 »

I don't have a radio handy, but the default after programming is to display channel numbers. There is a button assignment or toggle in the software that changes the display to alpha characters.
1crazymax
What radios do you own?: CP200's, CM300, Baofeng UV-5RC

Re: Motorola CP185 Not Writing Channel Name

Post by 1crazymax »

Thanks com501. It was in the button programming as an Channel/Alias option. Problem solved, you're never to old to learn.

Return to “Radio Programming”