CDM programing.

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CDM programing.

Post by 479 »

Hello,

Trying to program a CDM with Profesional CPS 6.12.08. I am attempting to enter an entitlement key (hkvn4181) for 25KHz spacing to be allowed. However it indicates that it cannot connect to the server. It appears that it is an issue with the key.

Can someone please educate me on this? I believe it to be an issue with the version of the CPS.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: CDM programing.

Post by SteveC0625 »

479 wrote:Hello,

Trying to program a CDM with Profesional CPS 6.12.08. I am attempting to enter an entitlement key (hkvn4181) for 25KHz spacing to be allowed. However it indicates that it cannot connect to the server. It appears that it is an issue with the key.

Can someone please educate me on this? I believe it to be an issue with the version of the CPS.
I just went through this same issue a few months ago. Here's the solution:

Install R06.12.09 which is the latest and last version of the Pro Series CPS. You can install it without first uninstalling the previous version. Run it and then enter the EID. It should take just fine.

Then, if you want, uninstall .09 and use R06.12.08. It performs perfectly with the WB EID in place. Apparently the EID is installed somewhere on your hard drive that any version of the CPS will look at. I didn't bother to uninstall .09, but I did remove the icon from the desktop. Most of my inventory and my clients are all programmed with .08 and for now I am keeping it that way.

(Skip this paragraph if you want, it is just the back story to all this...:) When I was first stumped, I started a thread over on radioreference. A lot of good folks offered suggestions but none were the fix. Then a troll who shall remain nameless came on and dragged the thread into a useless tirade on the "cheap Motorola Radius and Waris radios." When I called him on it, he got real sarcastic and tried to taunt me that he knew the solution, but since I had called him out, he wasn't going to share the answer. I dropped all pretense of civility and read him the riot act with a firm label of TROLL. He disappeared for several months. He pops back every now and again over there with some holier than thou posts and quickly retreats back into his cave. None of the mods called me on it so I must not have crossed any lines or they felt I took care of business. But then the guy violates conditions over there by having more than one user account. His primary got banished so he sneaks in under at least one other, probably more. I know who he really is and might just out him someday if he misbehaves again.

I figured out the above solution the day after Mr. Troll disappeared and I am now happy to share it with you with no hassles.

Return to “Radio Programming”