Pro CPS 6.12.09 hack

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w5gm

Pro CPS 6.12.09 hack

Post by w5gm »

Ok, I think I have goggled until my fingers hurt and my vision is blurry. I have read the 220 CDM mods thread and it has been several years since anybody touched it. I am running 6.12.09 and I am looking for instructions on how to hex edit it so that I can program 6m freqs into a low band radio. I already edited rui41.dll and that allows me to edit the band split, but I am unable to find the documented values for the other locations in proradio.exe that will keep the software from barfing during upload.

I almost want to try and hunt down a version of CPS that has a documented mod. Has anybody got .09 working for OOB?

jay
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Pro CPS 6.12.09 hack

Post by wavetar »

There was a procedure posted on P25.ca when it existed, which i assume you are referring to since it detailed the rui41.dll mod to make the bandsplit info fields editable as part of it.

Do a search in proradio.exe for two instances of "75 58" and one instance of "75 60". Their offset locations vary depending on CPS version, but they are always clustered within 7 lines of one another, with the "75 60" in between the other "75 58" lines. Change all three "75" values to "EB".

Once that is done, you *should* be able to write the codeplug to the radio. I believe you'll get a message saying that the CPS is about to write an "upgraded" codeplug to the radio. Ok that & write it in.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

The method I posted back in 2012 has been superseded by easier methods using different software tools.

Bryan, W9CR has an excellent writeup here: http://wiki.w9cr.net/index.php/Waris

FYI on using R06.12.09 CPS: you'll need a wideband entitlement for VHF-hi and UHF radios. R06.11.10 is unrestricted.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Not sure which method you're referring to from 2012? The one I'm referring to is simply modifying 4 lines of CPS code. Plus once you write the codeplug into the radio with the modified CPS, it can still be programmed out of band even with unmodified CPS...the fields show as red because the CPS knows they are out of band, but lets you write it anyway. That's what I had found, at least.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

wavetar wrote:Not sure which method you're referring to from 2012?
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p422570
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Ah, gotcha.

mike m

Post by mike m »

In addition to w9cr's wiki check the following youtube videos from Bryan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKpG_1buX5g

I was doing the hex method for a few years for my ht1250, 220 radios, until Bryan's new python module for chirp software showed up which simplifies tuning considerably.

I had a couple of 220 ht1250LS+ handhelds that were missing keypad functions, in particular dtmf after hexediting for ham use.

I used Bryan' newest wiki page s file and then his python module with chirp software and nothing else was required to repair the missing keypad/dtmf features on my 220 ht's.

It didn't even require reloading my radios codeplug, his s file loaded behind the existing codeplug with minimal pc grief.

Return to “Radio Programming”