Motorola EX500 Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Med239

Motorola EX500 Programming

Post by Med239 »

Hey folks! I'm having a memory lapse. I have an EX500 and RSS Version R06.08.05. About a year ago, I updated my computer to Windows 7, 64-Bit. First of all, I don't change the channels very often on the EX500 and I've forgotten how to reprogram it. Next, when I open the software and tell it to read the radio, it says "Can not create unknown radio component". It's also not giving me the option to enter the correct port #. I have installed the correct software for the Prolific cable I'm using. Can someone email me instructions on how program this radio again? Or if there is an issue that you see, at least point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Med 239
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Motorola EX500 Programming

Post by SteveC0625 »

Med239 wrote:Hey folks! I'm having a memory lapse. I have an EX500 and RSS Version R06.08.05. About a year ago, I updated my computer to Windows 7, 64-Bit. First of all, I don't change the channels very often on the EX500 and I've forgotten how to reprogram it. Next, when I open the software and tell it to read the radio, it says "Can not create unknown radio component". It's also not giving me the option to enter the correct port #. I have installed the correct software for the Prolific cable I'm using. Can someone email me instructions on how program this radio again? Or if there is an issue that you see, at least point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Med 239
The EX500 is part of the Professional Series. Any version of the CPS older than R06.12.05 will not run on Win7 64 bit. At the time, this was a well publicized and heavily discussed problem for many of us. Your version is very, very old.

I don't like being the bearer of bad news, but the only way you can get that radio programmed is to either obtain a version that will run on your computer or find someone who can program it for you. If you are in upstate NY, I can program it for you.

Search tags: The Professional or Waris
Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.
The last version of the CPS released before the
product line was discontinued is R06.12.09.

If you need a blank codeplug, there is a folder
full of them, one for each possible model
number on your hard drive. The folder is in
the Program Files where your CPS is installed.
It is labelled SAMPLES.
earch tags: The Professional or Waris
Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.
The last version of the CPS released before the
product line was discontinued is R06.12.09.

If you need a blank codeplug, there is a folder
full of them, one for each possible model
number on your hard drive. The folder is in
the Program Files where your CPS is installed.
It is labelled SAMPLES.

Return to “Radio Programming”