MTX8000 Control Channel Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

leitung
New User

MTX8000 Control Channel Programming

Post by leitung »

So I am trying to program in a wide area type ii trunking system into an MTX8000, now my issue is, the radio wont allow me any more than 4 control channels into the radio.

I read the programming manual, and it says that in the trunked system there is an option for "coverage type" but I don't get that ability for some reason in the RSS. I believe that is what I would need to change in order to add control channels to the system.

Any advice on what I am doing wrong, I have the current RSS running on a DOS computer with the system key enabled.
d119

Re: MTX8000 Control Channel Programming

Post by d119 »

MTX8000 is a Privacy Plus / SmartNET radio. It will not allow more than 4 control channels. You need a SmartZone radio for that. Or better yet, how about a scanner for what you are doing... :roll:
motorola_otaku

Re: MTX8000 Control Channel Programming

Post by motorola_otaku »

Not to mention that MTX8000s aren't rebanding-capable, so they're useless on almost every remaining 4.1 system still on the air in the US.

OP: toss that turd and get a MTS2000 from Ebay, they're going for like $30 or less.

Return to “Radio Programming”