CDM1550 LS+ Emergency acknowledge

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pfd radio

CDM1550 LS+ Emergency acknowledge

Post by pfd radio »

I have a CDM1550 LS+ set up to decode an MDC emergency, on a conventional personality. The radio decodes the MDC Emergency, but it also sends an acknowledge packet back to the radio that sent the Emergency message. I need the radio not to send back an acknowledgement.

I think I must be missing a setting in the codeplug. Any help is appreciated.
RFguy

Re: CDM1550 LS+ Emergency acknowledge

Post by RFguy »

I don't think you can do that on a CDM. If it decodes, it acknowledges. Typically only the dispatch/master radio is set to decode.
Vocoder

Post by Vocoder »

Make the personality RX only?
pfd radio

Post by pfd radio »

Vocoder wrote:Make the personality RX only?
I would, but its a fireground channel and this radio is in a Chief's car. I just thought I was missing a check box in the CPS. I guess I could do emergency decode on a receive only personality and have the fireground channel auto scan.
pfd radio

Post by pfd radio »

I have two of these that decode the MDC Emergency and do not acknowledge and one that sends the acknowledgement. Could this be a firmware deal?

Return to “Radio Programming”