CDM1550 Programming Help

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

central150
What radios do you own?: Too many..

CDM1550 Programming Help

Post by central150 »

We have a back up CDM1550LS+ at our FD for back up paging in case our main radio goes down. I set the unit up to page out using Selective Call. What I want to do, and couldn't figure it out, is after I page the group, I want to be able to push the PTT button and broadcast my message. Now, if I push the PTT button, the page gets sent out again. What setting do I need to change to make this happen?

Tony
TWL911

Post by TWL911 »

I have one setup to do what you are trying to accomplish.

I have mine set up to send "call alert" I believe using Selective call the radio will be looking for an acknowledgment.

I know there was something else I needed to do to make it work. but I don't have it in front of me right now,I can look at my codeplug, or send you a copy if you would like. I know that I can send a page, then transmit voice, or select a different page and send it, but to send the same tone twice you must go back into the call alert menu and select the tone again.
central150

Post by central150 »

Could you send me the codeplug? central150@aol.com

thanks
Tony
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Tony:

Under the Signaling / Signaling Configuration / General tab, check "Basic Sel Call". I believe that should do what you want.
Nand

Post by Nand »

As it is right now, you transmit the signalong every time you press the PTT without being able to get a word in.

Instead, press the PTT and hold it in. The radio should produce a side tone (if enabled) while to page signaling transmits. When the side tone stops, it is your turn to speak the message.

Nand.
central150

Post by central150 »

Ok..I got it working. Now, I would like to program one of the buttons as the call button to send out tones. it is programmed as radio call) As it is now, I have to hit the call button twice to get to the groups to page. We have a CDM1550 uhf here at the PD, when you press the call button, it goes right to the groups to page, no need to hit it twice. Can anyone help me with that? I, for the life of me, can't get it to work they way I need it to.

Tony
Last edited by central150 on Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

If you program the button's function for, as appropriate, either "Cal Alert Member #1" (or #2, or #3), or "Sel Call Member #1" (or #2, or #3) it should do what you want.

Obviously, the call that you want to access will have to be in the appropriate first, second, or third spot in the radio's call list. Once the call is up, you will still have to hit PTT to send it.
central150

Post by central150 »

HumHead wrote:If you program the button's function for, as appropriate, either "Cal Alert Member #1" (or #2, or #3), or "Sel Call Member #1" (or #2, or #3) it should do what you want.

Obviously, the call that you want to access will have to be in the appropriate first, second, or third spot in the radio's call list. Once the call is up, you will still have to hit PTT to send it.
I don't see the options Call Alert or Sel Call Member in my options for the P1 button.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Hmmmm... My best guess is that we may be talking about an LS+ feature set issue here.

All I have are "regular" CDM1550 codeplugs, and they all offer the option. It may well be that the option is not available in the LS+.
central150

Post by central150 »

it is an LS+....my bad...
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Sounds like you have the basic "5AN" model. I have a codeplug here for a "6AN" model, and it has the options Humhead is referring to.

***edit***

Actually, I just checked a "5AN" codeplug I have, it also has the options. What is the firmware version of your radio? I believe the firmware version of my 5AN codeplugs was 4.00.00.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
central150

Post by central150 »

my firmware version is 05.05.14 for the codeplugs. It may have to do with the CPS. I am using 06.04

Return to “Radio Programming”