HT1000 Quick Call

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ricochet192

HT1000 Quick Call

Post by ricochet192 »

I'm programming HT1000's both A and B models and I need to enter a quick call so the radio alerts like a pager. I set everything up in the screen but the radio will not alert when the tones are set off. Any suggestions?
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

I recall that the tone 'B' has a variable duration setting which is something like 6 sec. on default and can be set up for over 30 sec. might want to take a look there. Also, after you've set up the feature in the signalling menu have you enabled the signalling on the individual channel menu and then downloaded your info. to the codeplug ?
ricochet192

Post by ricochet192 »

I set the quikcall to channel 1 on the radio and downloaded everything into the codeplug. I tried a couple different settings for the duration but nothing seemed to work. Does it matter what the quik call is set for on the receive as far as dpl, tpl goes?
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

I've only dealt with QCII a few times but on the one's I did the system was always CSQ with the tones. I don't know if assigning a QCII would strip the PL/DPL on the channel so if you have PL/DPL set on your paging channel try removing it. The pagers that I've dealt with (Minitor II and KeyNote) don't have QCII and PL/DPL Rx in the same unit so a paging system using PL/DPL and QCII would be unlikely. Set your channel up for CSQ along with your QCII tones and see how it goes.

Return to “Radio Programming”