Astro Spectra CPS problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

metro121

Astro Spectra CPS problem

Post by metro121 »

I recently picked up some Astro Spectras and the CPS RSS. For some reason, I cannot read the radios with the CPS but they will read with ver. 9.xx DOS version. The problem with the DOS version is they come up with "CODEPLUG TO NEW".

Does anyone have some codeplugs for VHF and UHF 450-470 split and 438-470 split Astro Spectras that will work with the DOS versions as late as 3.xx depot.

Thanks
met121@msn.com
Jason

cps

Post by Jason »

What version CPS are you trying to read the radios with?
What is the error message? We can probably help you find out what that "some reason" is with a little more info.

Sure the CPS is the correct P/N, and not Astro25, possibly?

Blowing in a codeplug is not the ideal answer. Radio will need a retune, it depreciates your radio if you go to sell (serial don't match tags, etc), depot and some MSS's wont service it, and takes your radio out of the "legit" arena and into "questionable" (to some folks.)

Finding the proper CPS and getting the original plug out of the radio is your best bet.
metro121

Post by metro121 »

I appreciate the concern but at this point, I would rather get some codeplugs from differant UHF, VHF and 800 Astro Spectras.

I would like to get into the DOSS RSS and start working on hacking and modifying.

I have done mostly the Spectras , MTSX, STX, MCS2000's and Astro Sabers. I have not done any of the Astro Spectras yet.

After I work on the DOSS versions, then I will start on the CPS versons
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

What are you trying to modify? The Codeplug / Srecord or the RSS / CPS.

In your first post you said you could read with version 9.xx
For some reason, I cannot read the radios with the CPS but they will read with ver. 9.xx DOS version. The problem with the DOS version is they come up with "CODEPLUG TO NEW".
Cannot read with CPS (windows)
Will read with RSS 9.xx DOS.

your next line says, "the problem is with the DOS"
So you can't read it with the DOS then?

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information

Return to “Radio Programming”