Saber programming question?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Saber programming question?

Post by FireCpt809 »

I did a search and really found nothing on this.

I have RSS 7.01.0 my software manual is 5.0. I see on the channel information page there is pre/deephisise(sp?) Y What is that? or what does it do?

Another thing is I have a secure with MDC1200 Its in the Pre PTT is it possible to move to the Post PTT?
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

Another thing is I have a secure with MDC1200 Its in the Pre PTT is it possible to move to the Post PTT?
Update ID (but don't change it) the software will then give you a choice of pre or post. As an FYI...l. one of the local F.D.s had post ptt id on their radios. Someone decided to start playing games by keying up the radio & then turning the radio off befor dekeying. This prevents the ID from transmitting. Using pre ptt prevents this.
Dave
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Saber audio...

Post by Tom in D.C. »

...page 56 of the R.07 software guide says, "Valid entries are Y and N. Used when a flat audio signal is desired during transmit and receive. 'Y' disables the flat audio on the channel."

I always try it and see what it sounds like; mostly a question of which way you
think it sounds best.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
rocketman
Batboard $upporter

Post by rocketman »

the audio preemphasis/ flat adjustment will depend on the setting of the radio system.....is (are) the receiver(s) set for deemphasis....if so, use the preemphasis setting....if they are set flat, use flat. Otherwise the wrong audio setting will make the transmitted audio sound like crap
RKG

Post by RKG »

Pre-emphasis and de-emphasis should always be used for the transmission and reception of voice audio. Yes, it is important that all transmitters and receivers have the same settings, but if they are all the same and all flat, the audio will also sound bad.

Pre-emphasis and de-emphasis are designed to ameliorate the differing efficiency of the FM circuits at different points of the human voice spectrum (very roughly, 400-2800 kHz).

Return to “Radio Programming”