Force a B7 codeplug?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wanabe

Force a B7 codeplug?

Post by wanabe »

Is it possible to force a B7 codeplug in to a MTX 8000 model # H01UCC6DB3AN NX ? I would like to know before I try. Thanks for your help. Will
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

It is possible, using LAB RSS. Be aware the front display won't work, if you're thinking of putting a B7 housing on it too. However, you will get access to 48 channels using the A-B-C toggle switch in combination with the 16-mode selector switch. Worth it just for that.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
SPEAKER MIC

Post by SPEAKER MIC »

you dont need a b-7 necesarraly, you can do the read with lab, hex the "09" to "0F" dump back in and then you get 160 channels (only 48 accessable) full keypad/display(doesnt do anything but look good) and if you change the attributes with lab, you can put the 6 character top display on..

ive done so without a flaw and know for a fact it works, however you can also turn it into a mts2000 of your liking(as long as you have the right transmitters for the band/bandsplit) but the 09-0F deal will buy you nothing..

but a "mtxmts" is a great toy to experement with in lab as the dreaded "f01-93" wont appear.....

tried, tested and true...
I TURN THE KNOB, THE LIGHT BLINKS AND IT BEEPS.........THATS ALL IT DOES!!!!!!
PLEASE WORK!!!..just once, thats all...

Return to “Radio Programming”