MDC ID programming question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radiotechno1

MDC ID programming question

Post by radiotechno1 »

Hi,

I have an Mtx9000 and an MTX838 both jedi series radios but I can't seem to activate the MDC ID feature of the radios. Does this mean I do not have the additional internal signalling board installed in my radios or is it just that my radios do not support that feature?

I found some instructions in the treads on how to activate the MDC option in the RSS but mine says its "Disabled" and the RSS will not allow me scroll through any other options it just stays on "Disabled" so I'm assuming my radios do not currently support the feature.

If anyone out there knows what is happening with this it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know. Also if my radios require an additional board to enable this feature what is the model # of that additional board so I can try to find one somewhere.

Thanks
xmo

Post by xmo »

Motorola's implementation of MDC in the Jedi does not require an additional board. There are third party suppliers who make add on boards for that purpose.

MDC is confusing in the Jedi series because it was available in some models e.g. MTS2000 and not available in others such as MTX8000 / MTX9000.

Some people have enabled MDC ID in their MTX radios by forcing in an MTS2000 codeplug. The ability to transmit MDC PTT ID is the only feature you can enable by doing that since the radio firmware in these models will not support other features such as received ID display.
SPEAKER MIC

Post by SPEAKER MIC »

MDC is confusing in the Jedi series because it was available in some models e.g. MTS2000 and not available in others such as MTX8000 / MTX9000.

not entirely so, i got 6 logic boards for the mtx8000 series and they all had mdc...

unless they were hacked they were original..

as a side note, they were equipped with transcrypt boards and the ptt sidetone length was configured to drop just before the data send on the boards...

now i doubt that the company had em hacked...but there was 3 boards that were identical to the mts2000 layout except for 1 chip (where the second flashport chip goes on the back) but everything else was identical...

i am curious as to wether they cloned the mdc from the newer models...

i do know you can dump mdc as part of a full codeplug from a mts...

also with a bit of hex, you can bring a b3 mtx8000 to 160 channel, ful display/front keypad and all the bells and whistles, however the keypad is the only thing that doesnt work...

well i gotta get back to banging my head against the wall with my mt2000..
I TURN THE KNOB, THE LIGHT BLINKS AND IT BEEPS.........THATS ALL IT DOES!!!!!!
PLEASE WORK!!!..just once, thats all...

Return to “Radio Programming”