Any way to install two versions of CPS

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jmr061
was KB9KST

Any way to install two versions of CPS

Post by jmr061 »

Is there anyway to install two types of cps that are different version revisions. In particular I would like to install astro spectra/saber versions 2.00 and 4.01.04 on the same computer. I dont think this is possible or has anyone found a way around it?

Jason
akardam

Post by akardam »

Check your AIM...
Al

Post by Al »

One way is to install both versions so that each doesn't know about the existence to the other version. Assuming that you have enough HDD space available, running a boot manager like System Commander that allows booting into two separate versions of windows(each in its own partition) and then installing each CPS version in its own partitioned operating system will do what you want. You would have to reboot and then select the other partition in order to run the other version of CPS.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I'd like to do it without re-booting. I know I can set up different partitions, already have that done for DOS. Don't want to do another one.

Thanks

Jason
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I do recall someone posting how to do exactly this. Unfortunately, it was several years ago & I can't seem to find it now. I'm assuming I read it here, anyway. Hopefully whoever did it will see your post. It involved registry changes, among other things, I believe.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Akardam helped me out and it was pretty simple. Both versions seem to work independant from each other just fine. Thanks.

Jason
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Great. Akardam, was it you who posted it a while back, or someone else? Could you post it again?

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”