Programming MT2000

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nick.dejohn
What radios do you own?: EX560-XLS CDM1550

Programming MT2000

Post by nick.dejohn »

Question - I am trying to program a Motorola MT2000. I am using RSS ver. R06.07.00, a Polaris Programming Adapter (Rib) and a Polaris programming cable. Everytime I go and read the radio, I get an error "CheckSUM Error", "NACK Error" or "REQUEST not ACKed/NAKed". I seem to be getting one of these errors. I am leaning towards the rib box. Also, I am using a Dell Latitude Pentium II w/ Windows 98. All the other software works fine in dos and using this rib box but this one. I have programmed many HT1000's and not one problem. I understand that it is different software, but same cable and rib box???

Can anyone shed some light for me???

Thanks,
Nick
RKG

Post by RKG »

I believe you are trying to run DOS-based RSS in a so-called "DOS Window" under Windows. Will not work. RSS needs to be run under native DOS.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Make sure the RSS is set for COM1. From the Main Menu press "F9"-->"F3" and it's on the bottom left of the screen.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

My Thinkpad T23 exhibits the same persnicketyness with Astro RSS. Try this: create a Windows startup floppy disk, boot off of that, and try running your RSS from that. If it works with no problems, you've isolated the problem to your computer.

Return to “Radio Programming”