Need help on firmware upgrade for Waris HT Pro Series

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kennethlbryant

Need help on firmware upgrade for Waris HT Pro Series

Post by kennethlbryant »

Can anyone tell me the exact procedure and what equipment I need including model numbers to upgrade the firmware in Waris HT Pro Series portable radios?
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Yep... you need:
Firmware flash utility (distributed only to dealers... no, don't even think about asking for it)
Programming cable (RKN4074 for RIB or AARKN4075B for RIBless)
Flash adapter (HLN9742)

Or, you can build the adapter:
http://www.batlabs.com/images/hln9742.gif

Run the flash utility and it will instruct you on what to do.
kennethlbryant

Firmware flash utility

Post by kennethlbryant »

If I can not get access to the firmware flash utility, what is the point of getting or building all the other equipment?

I am a NSO dealer.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Usually, such a Q/A will be followed by somebody asking "can anyone send me a copy?" which is then followed by nastiness. Just making sure you don't end up with a tag underneath your user name.

If you're a dealer, order the flash control box and have fun.
kennethlbryant

Firmware flash utility

Post by kennethlbryant »

Yes, thanks for that, I am aware of the history and issues of dealing in software. I may have access to the flash utility software but I am not sure. Does the software come with the flash adapter do you know?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

The software is available for download for dealers through MotorolaOnline. You can find it under 'resource center'-->'software'-->'two-way'-->'HT-EX-MTX Portables and CDM mobiles'.
If you feel you should have access to it & don't, use the 'contact us' link in the upper left corner & ask them if you can get it.

The hardware needs to be ordered separately, just like a battery or antenna, etc.

Once you have both the hardware & software required, the actual upgrade is a breeze. Takes under 1-minute with the ribless cable, and about 3 minutes with the regular RIB.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
kennethlbryant

Firmware upgrade

Post by kennethlbryant »

Ok, I will look it up alot of times it does not appear to be a software program but I guess it is.

For the average user, will upgrading from a version 2 or 3 to the current 5 something really make a difference if you are not using LTR for example (just conventional)?

Thanks,

Ken

Return to “Radio Programming”