CDM 1550LS+ RSS problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jwb8734
What radios do you own?: To many Motorola and Vertex

CDM 1550LS+ RSS problem

Post by jwb8734 »

I have a CDM 1550-LS+ and can not enable MDC on conventional mode. Is there something I am missing. Also I am looking to see about a FACTORY codeplug to start from scratch.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

In order to have MDC capability on conventional channels, the CDM model# must end with "6AN". I'm willing to bet yours ends with "5AN". If that is the case, you're out of luck. There's no way to convert it that I know of.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
jwb8734

Post by jwb8734 »

wavetar wrote:In order to have MDC capability on conventional channels, the CDM model# must end with "6AN". I'm willing to bet yours ends with "5AN"....
Well you are right it is a 5AN. What is the differenct between the 5 and 6.
jwb8734

Post by jwb8734 »

Todd you sure there is a 6AN. The 6AN is for portables not mobiles according to the model info from http://www.batlabs.com/htpro.html
I can send you the codeplug and look at it. I figured it would be like my HT1250 and just not use the LTR.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

jwb8734 wrote:Todd you sure there is a 6AN. The 6AN is for portables not mobiles according to the model info from http://www.batlabs.com/htpro.html
I can send you the codeplug and look at it. I figured it would be like my HT1250 and just not use the LTR.
Positive, it's a commonly asked question. The HT1250ls+ portables follow a slightly different format...the "6AN" portable is the 'limited' model with no MDC on conventional, and only 18 conventional channels. The "7AN" portable is the 'full' model with MDC capability on conventional, and 34 conventional channels. The full keypad units end with "8AN" & "9AN".

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

jwb8734

Post by jwb8734 »

Thanks,
I guess I might be looking for a trade for a CDM1550 with 6AN or higher. I thought they would all be the same features but i guess not. If there a way to change the firmware to add this feature. If so I may consider that.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

As I said above, there's no way to convert it 'in the field' that I know of. I believe Motorola can upgrade it for you at the depot, but it's basically a new board they put into it. No idea what they'd charge for that.

Todd

Return to “Radio Programming”