MTS2000 Programming options/Question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Hey Nurse
was hovburglar
What radios do you own?: The ones with smoke inside

MTS2000 Programming options/Question

Post by Hey Nurse »

OK....this might be OT for this forum...if so forgive my error, i didn't know where to post this...

Its been a bit since i have had my hands on one of these at work..Does anyone know if:
1) the "Talk Permit" tone can be enabled for/on UHF conventional or simplex channels or if that is just a trunked thing --AND--
2) If There is a feature that allows the user to add/delete channels or zones from the scan list

Thanks for all the insights
You want me to do WHAT with your radio?
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

#1- No, because there is nothing to tell the radio it's OK to talk or not. It couldn't function even if the software let you turn it on.

#2- Yes, you can add/delete from the scan list if you program the buttons to do so.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
Hey Nurse
was hovburglar
What radios do you own?: The ones with smoke inside

Clarification

Post by Hey Nurse »

nmfire10 wrote:#1- No, because there is nothing to tell the radio it's OK to talk or not. It couldn't function even if the software let you turn it on.

#2- Yes, you can add/delete from the scan list if you program the buttons to do so.
So the "Talk Permit" tone is solely for trunked systems then?
You want me to do WHAT with your radio?
RKG

Post by RKG »

Correct. The talk permit tone is logically generated when the initiating trunked radio ISW channel request is granted and the channel change successfully executed.

Return to “Radio Programming”