MOTOROLA SYSTEMS SABER HELP NEEDED!!!

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mfdeng5

MOTOROLA SYSTEMS SABER HELP NEEDED!!!

Post by mfdeng5 »

Hi guys, i have a NOS Systems Saber uhf i got at Dayton 2yrs back, i hve programmed a couple of channels in it twice and both times it receives but i have to hold down the rat button that opens the squelch????? I look at it the red busy light is blinking and i need to hold thta button in to hear???? Am i doing something wrong in programming???? Kevin
mfdeng5

Re: MOTOROLA SYSTEMS SABER HELP NEEDED!!!

Post by mfdeng5 »

Oh and yes i have PLs programmed in these chs......
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Are the PL's correct? If anything reprogram the rx to CSQ see if that fixes it. Do you have CSQ channels? do they work ok?
RKG

Post by RKG »

Any chance you're using DPLs? Systems Sabers interpret normal vs. inverted DPLs differently from Quantars and most other Motorola equipment.
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

Deffinitly a programming issue, I have to check but there is in one of the screens, the squelch unmute list, basiically it decides which are to be present before squelch opens. PL with carrier, just carrier, two tone and or data, I presume MDC or DES. I had issues with a few radios, that were previously trunked units not opening up. I FOUND IT ! go to change/view:conv:mdc there is on the right side of the page an option (initial squelch mode)as to how the radio unmutes first, the default is selcall, try changing to carrier. That might do it. This is especially true if you created a default code plug, as this is a default setting.

Return to “Radio Programming”