Astro Digital programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MississippiPI
What radios do you own?: Astro Saber III 800

Astro Digital programming

Post by MississippiPI »

I bought an Astro Saber III--digital 800/900. I thought I would be able to get it programmed here with the radio techs but they backslid on me. I nned to get it programmed to scan only--I can transmit on the high band but not on 800. Any suggestions or can anyone do it...I'm not computer literate so I don't think I can do it myself.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy
Jimmy Taylor
MississippiPI
All over the Great State of Mississippi
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: Astro Digital programming

Post by Josh »

MississippiPI wrote:I bought an Astro Saber III--digital 800/900. I thought I would be able to get it programmed here with the radio techs but they backslid on me. I nned to get it programmed to scan only--I can transmit on the high band but not on 800. Any suggestions or can anyone do it...I'm not computer literate so I don't think I can do it myself.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

Astro saber will not do 900Mhz, it's strictly 800Mhz.

Odds are what you want to listen to on 800Mhz is trunking and that will also be difficult, much better left for either A) the radio programmer to do if you are authorized to, or B) purchase a scanner.
tvsjr

Re: Astro Digital programming

Post by tvsjr »

Either have the sysadmin program it for you, or sell the radio and buy a scanner.

Return to “Radio Programming”