MCS2000 programming cable.

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Motoman
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 III, MTS2000 III,

MCS2000 programming cable.

Post by Motoman »

I'm planning on building a programming cable for my MCS2000. However I see there are two u can make. One that goes to the MIC socket or one that goes to a 25pin plug on the body. Does it matter which one you make? Do they work just as well as each other? I'll assume u don't have to use a resistor in the 25pin version and it's just straight matching up the numbers on both plugs. Cheers
Motoman at your service!
The Comish

Re: MCS2000 programming cable.

Post by The Comish »

I built the MIC VERSION and it works great. This is the way to go in my opinion because programming is simple through the front of the radio. Not hard to build either. Good Luck.
cracked

Post by cracked »

Last edited by cracked on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

One important note here is that the MCS2000 radio is very sensitive on programming voltage. My Polaris RIB would
not work unless I used an external power supply and jacked the voltage up just a tad. When I used a Motorola
RIB, I did not have any problems.

Jim

cracked wrote:I have a mic programming cable and verified the wiring and its not working for me. I have about 12 I need to program. The radios dont have a DB25 on it, so the control head interface wiring diagram doesn't make sense to me.
Are you using a regular rib or smartrib for that? The reason I ask is because I started researching the term "Flashport" which is also printed on the control head and the msc2000 software has some flashport options in it.
stanstan123
New User

Post by stanstan123 »

I too have the same problem. I'm running an aftermarket rib. I'll have to borrow a real RIB and try it again.

Return to “Radio Programming”