EX600 XLS

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Radio Crazy
What radios do you own?: All FPP

EX600 XLS

Post by Radio Crazy »

Hi can any one tell me the prodcedure to get this EX 600 XLS into booth strap so I can upgrade the firmware. I have the OEM booth strap dongel that goes between the computer and ribless cable, all are oem cableing, and it still refuses to go to Booth strap. Can I do a forced booth strap with a combination of buttons on the radio, like hold down orange button and one side button and PTT? Any help would be appreciated. BTW have all up to date CPS and firmware subscription.
Last edited by Radio Crazy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: EX6000 XLS

Post by HLA »

just follow the directions on the screen, remove the battery and replace it when it tells you to
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Radio Crazy

Re: EX600 XLS

Post by Radio Crazy »

HLA wrote:just follow the directions on the screen, remove the battery and replace it when it tells you to
Sorry you are incorrect it does not work on an EX 600 XLS
Last edited by Radio Crazy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Radio Crazy wrote:
HLA wrote:just follow the directions on the screen, remove the battery and replace it when it tells you to
Actually he is correct. You may have a problem with your cable, adapter and/or radio. Feel free to peruse the help file to confirm this fact.
Radio Crazy

Post by Radio Crazy »

escomm wrote:
Radio Crazy wrote:
Actually he is correct. You may have a problem with your cable, adapter and/or radio. Feel free to peruse the help file to confirm this fact.
You know what I posted wrong I don't have a ribless cable for the EX600 XLS I have the ribbed cable, and it is OEM also I have all the other OEM stuff, OEM rib and OEM dongle, I will try again, and report, thanks again, RC
Last edited by Radio Crazy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

What model number is your flash adapter? D revision? I've had problems with the flash adapters randomly taking dumps on me, have had to warranty a couple that failed for no obvious reason.
Radio Crazy

Post by Radio Crazy »

Model # AAHLN9742D
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

Does the whole setup with flash adaptor inline read the radio normally? at least take a pencil eraser to the contacts and make shure they are clean
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Forgive my asking an obvious question but, if you are using a cable with a RIB, you are putting the flashing adapter between the RIB and the radio cable, not between the RIB and computer, correct?
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Post by MotoFAN »

HLA wrote:Does the whole setup with flash adaptor inline read the radio normally? at least take a pencil eraser to the contacts and make shure they are clean
Yes, CPS should work normally even when radio connected via FLASH adapter.
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
Radio Crazy

Post by Radio Crazy »

Thanks for all the replies, will update this thread soon as I get the OEM program cable for the EX600, thanks
Radio Crazy

Post by Radio Crazy »

Hi, bought an OEM EX600 program cable from a member of the board, and it worked like a charm, with the boothstrap dongle, just upgraded the EX600 XLS to fimeware R05.16.01, thanks to all who responded, and once again you guys are right. This forum is a very valuable resource, thank you all for your responses, R C

Return to “Radio Programming”