Deleting a trunked system in Astro CPS?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Deleting a trunked system in Astro CPS?

Post by smokeybehr »

I'm trying to delete a trunked system in a FleaBay special UHF AS3. The usual syskey hack doesn't seem to work, as I can't import the key properly. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed? I've already deleted as much of the TRS data as possible, but without a proper syskey or a hack, I'm still stuck with 1 system and 1 personality.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Re: Deleting a trunked system in Astro CPS?

Post by N4DES »

Add a new system and it will default as System 001, then delete the other system.
Do the same with the personality and delete the unwanted one.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

There must be at least one system in it so you'll just have to add another system and just leave it blank and then see if it will let you delete the old one. Did you try getting a blank default codeplug and write that to the radio?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Post by smokeybehr »

I tried to add a blank system, and it won't let me do it. I haven't done the blank codeplug load yet, but I'm sure that I can find one at CPSS as long as someone has uploaded one.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Are you using RSS or CPS? RSS will absolutely let you create a new trunk system and move a personality to it without having a system key.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

I don't know how may total systems that radio can hold but are you down to only one? if not deltet all but one, create a new one, and delete the last system? it looks like your best option is going to be using a blank codeplug
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Radio Programming”