Astro Spectra Programming issue

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tgo

Astro Spectra Programming issue

Post by tgo »

I have programmed P25 channels into both a Kenwood TK-5210 portable and a Motorola Astro Spectra VHF which is P25, IMBE capable. The Kenwood works fine, the Motorola is another matter.
In the CPS, I have the RX type set to "Mixed Mode." TX is set to Astro. NAC's are same as in Kenwood.
On the personality screen, the correct RX and TX freqs are entered. There are boxes on this screen for "PL" informaton, although I know that PL is not used in P25. There are PL freqs in those boxes.
The Astro will RX OK. But TX will not open the repeaters.
I suspect that something should be changed in the TX personality. Should the PL's be set to Carrier Squelch (not sure if I can just blank them? Or am I missing somethig else? Thanks, Astro guys.
Jim202

Re: Astro Spectra Programming issue

Post by Jim202 »

tgo wrote:I have programmed P25 channels into both a Kenwood TK-5210 portable and a Motorola Astro Spectra VHF which is P25, IMBE capable. The Kenwood works fine, the Motorola is another matter.
In the CPS, I have the RX type set to "Mixed Mode." TX is set to Astro. NAC's are same as in Kenwood.
On the personality screen, the correct RX and TX freqs are entered. There are boxes on this screen for "PL" informaton, although I know that PL is not used in P25. There are PL freqs in those boxes.
The Astro will RX OK. But TX will not open the repeaters.
I suspect that something should be changed in the TX personality. Should the PL's be set to Carrier Squelch (not sure if I can just blank them? Or am I missing somethig else? Thanks, Astro guys.

When your in the window where you are programming the channel information , try rolling the screen all the way
to the right. That is where you enter the NAC.

Jim

Return to “Radio Programming”