How to delete zones in a Systems Saber ?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Paramedicpr835
New User

How to delete zones in a Systems Saber ?

Post by Paramedicpr835 »

I have searched all the screens on the RSS and can not find how to delete a zone in a Motorola Systems Saber. Please if anyone can explain to me how to do it I will be extremely grateful. I'm using RSS Version 04.00.02. Thanks in advance.

Jose
Paramedicpr835
New User

Re: How to delete zones in a Systems Saber ?

Post by Paramedicpr835 »

Anyone??
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

You can delete zones in a step by step method (one channel at a time)....
The Saber RSS does not allow complete zones being deleted, as you have to manually enter each channel/zone without the ability of frequency picks, or drag & drop.
Simply look at the menu for adding and deleting a zone/channel..
I just corrected myself...I forgot how to manuipulate the Saber RSS...

What you need to do is at the bottom of the screen...F2, F5 Etc... The screen will show the proper key sequence to delete a channel or a zone.
I don't remember if you have to delete all the channels first before you can delete a zone, but something tells me you have to drop all the channels in a zone prior to zone deletion.
akardam

Post by akardam »

One does not delete zones in Systems Saber RSS - it will always shows 16 zones. If you want not to use a zone, you have to go through all the channels in that zone and set each personality type to Blank. Once you've done that, even though the zone remains in RSS (and all the channel names remain whatever they were before you set the personalities to blank, unless you type over them), when you program the radio the zone won't show up when you use the mode key to scroll through your zones.

That was also a nice thing about the SysSabers, you could independently set the number of Zone name chars on the display (from 0-3) on a per zone basis, and whatever the Zone name wasn't using was available for channel name chars. So you could have Zone 1 with no zone name and 8 chars for the channel, Zone 2 with 3 zone chars and 5 for the channel, Zone 3 with 2 zone chars and 6 for the channel, etc etc.
Paramedicpr835
New User

Post by Paramedicpr835 »

Thanks all for your replies. Akardam I followed your instructions and was able to obtain the desired effect. Thanks a lot.

Return to “Radio Programming”