Spectra Busy Line Locked?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

screech67
What radios do you own?: JT/MT1000 Sabers Spectra MSF5K

Spectra Busy Line Locked?

Post by screech67 »

Trying to program a dash mount spectra astro. When F3 com port test is keyed I get "serial bus failure:busy line locked", when F3 is keyed it also re-boots the radio back to the self test start up. Using DOS V6 rss with a home brew cable, have the 12v lead as well, verified the cable connections on a test fixture and it shows good. The contro head buttons seem to function fine, I can dim, change channels, mon, scan etc. Any ideas?

Thank you

Mark

W1ACP
UPDATE
Well, being new to this I think I am using the wrong RSS, using R06.00.05, this is an astro spectra so I may be using the wrong RSS, correct RSS?

UPDATE

Fixed, was using wrong RSS, neeted the astro, sorry for the panic, new to programming.
Last edited by screech67 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
akardam

Re: Spectra Busy Line Locked?

Post by akardam »

screech67 wrote:Well, being new to this I think I am using the wrong RSS, using R06.00.05, this is an astro spectra so I may be using the wrong RSS, correct RSS?
You are probably not using the right RSS.

You need ASTRO RSS or Astro Spectra CPS. CPS would be the easier option if you have a modern Windows based computer.
screech67
What radios do you own?: JT/MT1000 Sabers Spectra MSF5K

Re: Spectra Busy Line Locked?

Post by screech67 »

Thank you.

Mark

Return to “Radio Programming”