Astro Spectra Programming Problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

biglogdog
New User

Astro Spectra Programming Problem

Post by biglogdog »

I just got an Astro Spectra VHF off ebay. It powered up everything seemed to work. So I read the codeplug, and reprogrammed to what I wanted. After I wrote the new data, the radio turned off then on and then on the display of the radio said "ILLEGAL". Once I pressed the mode button it went away and everything seems to work. I've programmed several Astro Spectra's and never seemed to have had this message....Any ideas?
akardam

Re: Astro Spectra Programming Problem

Post by akardam »

The radio may have been on a zone/chan number that no longer existed in your new codeplug.
biglogdog
New User

Post by biglogdog »

I have two zones enabled and all personalities are assigned to a zone. It doesn't interfere with using it, just kind of annoying. Any idea of where to fix it in the CPS? Thanks for the reply
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Using encryption by chance?

Jason
akardam

Post by akardam »

biglogdog wrote:I have two zones enabled and all personalities are assigned to a zone. It doesn't interfere with using it, just kind of annoying. Any idea of where to fix it in the CPS? Thanks for the reply
Are you saying that the error still comes up every time you turn on the radio, or just that it came up one time right after programming it?

Return to “Radio Programming”