Astro Saber

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

K5TLF
New User

Astro Saber

Post by K5TLF »

What RSS do I need to program my Astro Saber? Also, do I need a strictly DOS machine to run the program and program the radio?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: Astro Saber

Post by Tom in D.C. »

The correct program for the Astro Saber is a CPS program number 5.02 or 5.03. It's also used for the XTS3000
and requires a RIB, and it runs under Windows, not DOS.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
K5TLF
New User

Post by K5TLF »

I purchased a RIB and Cable from PolarisUSA and I have RSS 5.00. Is it ok to run it on XP? Just don't want to shell my radio. :)
K5TLF
New User

Post by K5TLF »

Ok, I have a RIB and cable from PolarisUSA and RSS 5.00, is that ok for use in XP?
kt2728

Post by kt2728 »

is it windows based software or DOS based software?
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!
K5TLF
New User

Post by K5TLF »

kt2728 wrote:is it windows based software or DOS based software?
DOS
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Your going to need to purchase current CPS from Motorola. RSS 5.0 is dos based, runs only in dos and is so old I highly doubt your radio hasn't been programmed with something newer than that.

Jasom
smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Post by smokeybehr »

Your other alternative is to let one of the many of us that has the right software and hardware program it for you. Many of us will do it fairly cheaply, especially if you're just programming in hammy channels, or it's a "model 1" without a display or keypad.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.
K5TLF
New User

Post by K5TLF »

I may have to do something like that. I plan on getting the software, just hard to cough up the 280 bucks. :) I would love to be able to change/add stuff to it whenever I wanted to. For the most part I plan on just having some ham stuff in and a a few P25 ham repeaters. There are a few public safety frequencies that are P25 that I would like to have in it as well. I got my RIB and cable in today, hopefully the radio will be here tomorrow. Cant wait! I have a bad feeling I am going to really like having a moto radio. I have been bitten by the digital bug.

Return to “Radio Programming”