spectra to 23cm?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

techie
Batboard $upporter

spectra to 23cm?

Post by techie »

Ok.. I'll try this again.. my previous attempt just vanished from the edit buffer..

Has anybody thought about how to convert a spectra (uhf or vhf) for use on 1270-1300mhz?

My thought is that it is probably not effective to try to convert the radio itself, but that the radio could be used to drive a transverter, which could be built into the space previously occupied by the power amp.

starting point: uhf spectra 470-500mhz split, with a 45w amp module (for chassis/heatsink donor)

build a 800mhz local oscillator, mixer, etc into the amp module,
along with a 10-15w amp for 1.2ghz.

Why? because I have a stack of remote mount spectras (and a loband X9000) in the truck, and I want to add 1.2 to the stack.

Thoughts?
-- Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine --
Bob Vaughan | techie@tantivy.net
AF6RR | P.O.Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
kd6kml

23cm radios

Post by kd6kml »

I can't really help you with the Spectra, but I saw some interesting things when preparing to program my MTX9000. In the part of the MDF file where frequency limits are, there was a band split that was around 1200MHz. I guess this is either an export or military model radio. I know it's not a Spectra, adn it's not a mobile, but it may be something that will go to ham on that band from Motorola.
Josh

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”