900mhz D37 Spectra final transistor?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n3hfk

900mhz D37 Spectra final transistor?

Post by n3hfk »

I successfully modified an Ebay D37 spectra to the 900mhz ham band but the final blew shortly thereafter. I've currently jumpered out the final and am up and running on the hybrid module which normally drives the final (about 14 watts out). I'm relatively new to Motorola equipment but it appears the components are hard to come by. The service manual lists the final as 48-80225C20 or 48-80225C31 and the transistor has M25C20 on it. Haven't had much luck searching on the Internet. Is there a good, inexpensive source for these, or is there a more current suitable replacement, or should I just buy more Spectras and harvest repair parts from them?
thehead7

Post by thehead7 »

I've seen sectra PA modules on ebay for pretty cheap... It would be the entire PA section of the radio, which includes the board and that part of the chassis.

That'd probably be your best bet, that way you could just swap out the entire section. I think I've seen them every few weeks going at about $35 or so, if they sell...

John KB5SXH

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”