Paging Transmitter out of 900Mhz Spectra

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firemedic

Paging Transmitter out of 900Mhz Spectra

Post by firemedic »

I was hopeing to build an amateur paging network out of a spectra 900 Mhz. that I picked up and was wondering if anyone had any info on how to hook this up to a TNC or if it could be used for packet. It is a conventional model with the VCO mod for the ham bands already done. I was wanting to use it without the control head and would be used to relay emergency pages such as weather alerts and similar disaster info to a bunch of 900 Mhz advisors that I picked up and plan to recrystal and reprogram if I can use the spectra as the transmitter. Has anyone done anything like this or used the spectra for packet so I can have somewhere to start from? The software I had hoped to use was the PE-300 software writing my own software as needed to send pages into it. If it would work with the spectra I was planing on buying the interface and all. Wish they had a list of the radios it works with. Again thanks for any info.

Keith Dobbins KC8RFW
Paramedic Firefighter
Parkersburg, WV 26104

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”