Mototrbo XPR8300 to zentron Model 30

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

Mototrbo XPR8300 to zentron Model 30

Post by johnny1225 »

I have a XPR8300 repeater hooked up to a brand new Zetron 30 worldpatch c/w Zetron cable to connect the two together. I have the digital phone patch installed into the repeater and believe everything is good with the programming. My question is i can make a call in digital with my XPR6550 radio sounds and works great, but when the phone user phones the line that is connected to the zetron box, it dosnt ring through to the portable. I heard that you are suppose to hear a go ahead tone so that you can put in your access code and slot # what ever. I was wondering is there something in the zetron model 30 APP box that i have to do so that it will ring through to the XPR6550. Thanks in advance for any comments you may have.

Regards,

John
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Mototrbo XPR8300 to zentron Model 30

Post by wavetar »

Indeed, the Model 30 should answer the phone line, and give a go ahead prompt, after which you would key in your access code (if you set one) and then the talkgroup or individual ID and slot # (no slot# required in Capacity Plus).

Are you seeing any activity on the Model 30 LED's when you ring in? What LED's do you see lit up when the unit is sitting idle? Does the unit answer after 12-13 rings and give the prompt for programming mode?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

yes the only activity i see is the phone light on the zetron APP box flickers on and off rapidly when the phone rings but there is no go ahead beep to put in the access code or anything else, it just rings then the answering service picks up about the 6-7 ring?? Is there something in the repeater i have to switch on or off or do you think it is the Zetron box? What do you think i am missing?

Thanks

John
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

when the unit is sitting idle with no activity the only light that is on is the carrier light which is the middle light. Should that light be off? Is there any jumpers that have to be placed differntly?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

johnny1225 wrote:when the unit is sitting idle with no activity the only light that is on is the carrier light which is the middle light. Should that light be off? Is there any jumpers that have to be placed differntly?
Yes, that light should be off unless there is radio or phone activity on the repeater, which is what I suspected. You need to read the Model 30 section on alignment...one of the first adjustments is a jumper/potentiometer combo to ensure the carrier light is off unless there is activity.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”