IP Site Connect

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CircleBat

IP Site Connect

Post by CircleBat »

Have 2 questions

1) When 2 turbo are linked together and have analog detect enabled on the repeaters, when the repeater detects an analog signal, will 2 both repeaters revert into anolog mode and transmit simultaneously? or just 1 repeater

2) Are the turbo IP Site connect repeaters both easy to configure so that when one repeater detects a signal , the other comes up at the same time? Any other configurations required on the portables?

greatly appreciate your help as I have a project linking 2 sites together using digital and analog detect

CircleBat
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: IP Site Connect

Post by Josh »

From what I recall... IP Site connect isn't even an option on a mixed-mode repeater.

inter-networking of repeaters is a digital only system.
TreyH

Post by TreyH »

Josh is correct in that dynamic mixed mode (analog) is not an option when utilizing IP Site Connect. You might try googling "MotoTrbo System Planner". It's a Motorola publication explaining most all the MotoTrbo features.
Ali Abbassi

Post by Ali Abbassi »

Dynamic mixed mode is not an standard feature it can be purchase as an option for Mototrbo Repeater, it works for a single repeater only but not for two repeaters linked via Ethernet in IP site connect mode .
moztas

Post by moztas »

Ali Abbassi wrote:Dynamic mixed mode is not an standard feature it can be purchase as an option for Mototrbo Repeater, it works for a single repeater only but not for two repeaters linked via Ethernet in IP site connect mode .
"Dymamic Mixed Mode" is a free and standard option for repeaters.

System Planner explains that:

Dynamic Mixed Mode does not support the following configurations/features.
• IP Site Connect configuration
• Capacity Plus configuration
• FCC Type-I and Type-II monitoring
• Transmit Interrupt feature
• RDAC over IP feature
• Repeater Knockdown
• PTT on a 4-wire interface
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

moztas wrote: "Dymamic Mixed Mode" is a free and standard option for repeaters.
No, it is not. You must enable it via Entitlement ID procedure. I believe the cost is $210...but I don't have the price book in front of me right now.

If you mean the repeater is capable of analog OR digital right out of the box, you would be right. But it's not dynamic.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”