Mototrbo system connected to fibre

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

Mototrbo system connected to fibre

Post by johnny1225 »

I have a customer with two large building side by side. They have fibre throughout the building as there backbone for camera's and phones and so on. They wanted a XPR8400 repeater and XPR3300 Radios for their system. My question is they want to use the existing fibre backbone for the repeater system. I myself have never worked with fibre. I was wondering if this is visable to do. I know that you need some type of converter box everytime you add a antenna. Any thought how this can be done or if it is even visable.

Thanks
John
Bill_G

Re: Mototrbo system connected to fibre

Post by Bill_G »

So, they are using distributed fiber optic cable to connect to everything instead of standard structured cable (fiber backbone to copper eth)?

Interesting (Spock eyebrow).

It's their network, and it can't be the first time they've run into a product that didn't have FX ports. Ask them to provide (since they will be paying for it anyway), or recommend the magic box they prefer. There's only about 11,569,273.6 different makes and models of converters out there. You might as well use the one they like.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Oh hey johnny1225 is using batlabs as sales support once again to put more money in his pocket
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

no i have never connected to fibre before and wondering if the converted boxes is all i need to hook to fibre. Just asking a question. Isnt this what this board is for?????
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Do a search for fiber media converter. You'll need to know if they are single mode or multimode, and what type of connector they use on their jumpers. That's why you should specify the customer provide the converter. If they are providing the transport, they need to give you a port type compatible with the equipment you are providing (ie: 10base10/100 ethernet).
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

thanks bill for your advice. I appreciate it!

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”