Beacon Issue

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FMROB

Beacon Issue

Post by FMROB »

Am I losing my mind. Is anyone else having an issue with the newer f/w xpr8400 not beaconing? I have a brand new 8400 here on the bench as a IPSC peer that connects to a 4 repeater system (testing and programming before installing). The 8400 on the bench here is set to beacon at the standard 60/4320 and its not beaconing. It joins the IPSC network and passes traffic? Am I missing something here. All other repeaters in the system have had a f/w upgrade within the last 5 mths.

Thanks, Rob
JRayfield

Re: Beacon Issue

Post by JRayfield »

What version of firmware?

John Rayfield, Jr.
Rayfield Communications
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

John,

Rob
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

I upgraded all 3 of my new repeaters to.20 fw. I have static at the site, master is set for id 15 and I can't connect repeaters to it or even rdac. I tried 2 different new repeaters no luck. I can remotely ping the repeater at the static ip addy.

im using port 50000 for master and even tried changing the udp port to 1225, still not working. Im loosing my mind.

im using cable company modem that has 5 different static ips assigend to it. The cisco modem/switch has 4 built in ports. In port one on ip addy .74 is our existing 5 site system master that is working fine.

When I plug the new master repeater of the new system we are making into port 2 using ip .75 no bueno. Could it be an issue to use the same udp ports on both systems out of the same modem even with different static ips and different physical ports?

rob
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Btw, if I give my computer the .75 addy I get internet service with no issue. Port and addy appear to work. Repewters are plugged directly into cable company modem with built in 4 port switch.

rob
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Does the switch do hairpinning and all that?
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

What model Cisco box? Did the multiple repeaters work through the Cisco before the f/w upgrade? Are the static IP addresses public or non-routable?

From the PC can you ping the IP addresses of all the repeaters? If not you'll need someone to look at the Cisco config as it there is no guarantee that the switch ports have mutual visibility even if each has a separate public IP.
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

I would have to look to see the model of the cable modem/switch that the cable company provides. Don't know about the harpinning, but I thought that was done away with a few f/w versions ago.

I would assume the static ip addresses are public, as they are able to to be pinged, and fully translate to the integral switch ports. The existing system is working fine off the same router, just looking to create a new systrm,

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”