Weather Siren activation via xpr6550

Moderator: Queue Moderator

emadeputy
New User

Weather Siren activation via xpr6550

Post by emadeputy »

im currently working on a project that will involve activating a local fire departments siren in weather mode. i was going to use a xpr6550 in the siren controller cabinet with the telemetry cable. my question is: is there an interface that i would need to use in between the radio and the controller? or will the 6550 have power to activate it weather the controller needs a pulse or closing of a switch etc. any ideas?

jason
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Weather Siren activation via xpr6550

Post by escomm »

How are you planning on activating the siren? You're probably going to need a relay. I'd probably recommend using a mobile radio instead of the portable.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

what brand siren
emadeputy
New User

Post by emadeputy »

I was thinking of sending an alert to the radio that i would use in the remote cabinet., but im unsure if i can program the radio to send voltage to a pin with and alert signal. The siren is a Sentry. i have yet to be in the cabinet to see the actual set up, and to see how the siren is triggered. So one of my questions is: when an alert to a specific radio is sent, can the radio be programmed to send a voltage to a specific pin?
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

you have to go into the telemetry settings

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”