XPR 6550 issues on boot up

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bundy125

XPR 6550 issues on boot up

Post by bundy125 »

Hello folks,

I've had a few XPR 6550 radios sent to me for to be sent out for repair, which, upon power up, I get the Mototrbo trademark, the radio ID number along with the steady green LED briefly, then the screen goes blank and radio is dead. There's no alarm code or beep at any time during this process, and I've put brand a brand new fully charged battery on the radios just to ensure that the battery is not the problem. The radios appear outwardly not to be abused based on the appearance of the cases and display and all have the full keypads and are all FM approved. This has been a sporadic issue since we put the radios in service in 2012, but based on my records, one of the radios is a three timer for this same issue (which more than likely I'll recommend replacing it with the next gen trbo). I've researched this issue for the past day or so on this board, the moto service manual and via google search and have yet to find anything remotely related to these systems. My gut tells me the board is shot, but I'm just kind of curious if anyone has dealt with this problem and has any insight into what is causing the failure.

At any rate, any thoughts or experience would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Bundy125
TreyH

Re: XPR 6550 issues on boot up

Post by TreyH »

Almost sounds like they've been remotely disabled. If you know the radio ID number, try sending an 'enable' command to it.
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

Thanks brother... I didn't even think of that, but it could be.
bundy125

Post by bundy125 »

Hey TreyH.... that was it... somebody jacking with something they shouldn't have. Thanks again brother :-)
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Remote disable is enabled by default. If you don't use it, it might be smart to reprogram those radios to ignore that signal.
TreyH

Post by TreyH »

I've had that happen to me. Glad it worked...

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”