MotoTRBO. You saw it here first!!!!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wavetar
Administrator

Re: MotoTRBO. You Saw It Here First!!!!

Post by wavetar »

Jim1348 wrote:I am still coming up to speed on Moto TRBO, so please be gentle if this has been discussed already. I just started work last week at a place that just switched to Moto TRBO. If I understand correctly a previous post here, the repeaters are Moto TRBO only; no mixed mode operation, right? What about the portables? Can they be programmed for both analog and Moto TRBO and scan across both seamlessly? I guess for that matter, what about just Moto TRBO scanning on a transceiver? Does it behave similar to analog scanning or is it not as robust? Say for example, can you have dual level priority or just single level priority?
Initially, the TRBO repeaters had to be programmed either analog, or digital...there was no 'mixed mode' available. It is now an option in later firmware revisions, but it's an option you have to pay for to enable in the repeater.

The field radios themselves can scan across both analog & digital channels, no problem. You can set 2 priority levels in the scan settings.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
trbouser
New User

Re: MotoTRBO. You saw it here first!!!!

Post by trbouser »

A recent article in Urgent Communications had a half-sentence mention about a digital IP phone patch Motorola was intending to release for TRBO. Has anyone heard anything about this product? Didn't see anything on MOL.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

At IWCE, Motorola announced a phone patch option for the XPR8400 repeater.

it will use a standard analogue phone patch (like a Zetron Worldpatch, or other generic patch) connected to a MOTOTRBO repeater. A caller would dial the patch, enter the patches access code, then enter code to gain access to either a talkgroup, or individual radio ID.

the radios will also be able to initiate phone calls.

This will be supported in the version 1.8 firmware release.
trbouser
New User

Post by trbouser »

RFguy wrote:At IWCE, Motorola announced a phone patch option for the XPR8400 repeater.
But no dice for the 8300's already deployed, yes?
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

trbouser wrote:
RFguy wrote:At IWCE, Motorola announced a phone patch option for the XPR8400 repeater.
But no dice for the 8300's already deployed, yes?
I'm not sure about that. Time will tell.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”