Making a repeater with two DM3400 Mototrbo?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Michel-nl
New User

Making a repeater with two DM3400 Mototrbo?

Post by Michel-nl »

I am wondering if i can make a repeater out of two DM3400 Mototrbo mobiles?
I have looked at the accessory pin out but can't see if it is to do? dos anybody have done this already?
Ifso please can you give me details about it?
kato56

Re: Making a repeater with two DM3400 Mototrbo?

Post by kato56 »

You might want to look at a 8300 service manual (I do not own one) since the 8300 repeater is made from two mobiles....
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

kato56 wrote:You might want to look at a 8300 service manual (I do not own one) since the 8300 repeater is made from two mobiles....
Kind of, yes, but there is a lot more going on in the repeater than simply two mobiles wired up back-to-back.

To Michel-nl, you can easily make a repeater out of two mobiles using the accessory pins. You're really only dealing with 3 wires for a uni-directional repeater...PTT/COR, TX+/RX+, Ground.

The MotoTRBO CPS help files will give you all the info you need program the various pins to do whatever you wish. A typical pinout might appear as below:

Code: Select all

RX Radio ------------------> TX Radio

RX+ Pin 14-----------------> TX+ Pin 11
   GND Pin 16-----------------> GND Pin 16
   COR Pin 20-----------------> PTT Pin 17
It doesn't necessarily have to be those pin numbers, most are programmable & there are several ground pins that could be used. On that note, to avoid excessive current through the small ground pins in the case one of the radios loses it's main power lead ground connection, it's recommended to have both radios have their main power ground leads firmly connected together on a common power supply.

Oh, and also, the radios need the latest 1.06.xx firmware in them to enable the COR in digital mode. Otherwise it's strictly available in analog only.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
ki4gyw

Post by ki4gyw »

Can not make a digital repeater out of those, It will not send the TDMA sync... But Analog works good
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

ki4gyw wrote:Can not make a digital repeater out of those, It will not send the TDMA sync... But Analog works good
Ah yes, it should be mentioned you're stuck with the single slot just like in simplex mode...no dual slot capability with the homebrew repeater.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Michel-nl
New User

Post by Michel-nl »

Ah ok i did not see this topic for a while:P Thanks for the answers, but what we need is just the digital version.
We want tot make the repeater and use the rep in digital mode. Not analoge, is it stil posible?

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”